Full Time - Permanent
Geraldton District Hospital is seeking an enthusiastic, organized and self-motivated individual to join our Rehabilitation Services Team to provide clinical physiotherapy services to inpatients, long term care residents and outpatient clients.
- Provide clinical physiotherapy services, including assessment, determination of a clinical diagnosis, where appropriate, treatment, planning and implementation, education, reassessment and discharge planning to referred clients.
- Documents and communicates assessment results, progress, discharge and other relevant information in accordance with the College and departmental standards utilizing approved systems.
- Maintains patient care/non-patient care statistics in accordance with the standards of the Physiotherapy Workload Measurement System and other statistics, as required
- Collaborates with the individual, members of the interdisciplinary team, family members, caregivers and community agencies in providing care.
- Terminates services when maximum benefit received and formulates appropriate follow-up plans for patients and residents.
- Ensures a safe environment for treatment that protects the privacy and dignity of the patients and residents.
- Acts as a consultant and provides education to department/hospital staff and community agencies.
- Supervises and directs the activities of any assistants/attendants/students/volunteers assigned to his/her specific program area.
- Maintaining the standards and policies as determined by the College of Physiotherapy and the hospital and department.
- Recommend necessary treatment equipment, and supplies.
- Protect the confidentiality, privacy and security of client information.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree of Physiotherapy or equivalent from an accredited school of physiotherapy.
- Current registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Related work experience in a hospital setting is an asset.
- Previous experience functioning in a multidisciplinary team environment is essential
- Demonstrated computer knowledge and experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exercises positive public relation skills in the performance of duties
- Must be physically able to perform the essential duties of the job
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and language is an asset
- A regular attendance record is mandatory
Geraldton District Hospital is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AND TUITION REIMBURSEMENT ARE AVAILABLE
If you interested in combining a fulfilling lifestyle with a challenging opportunity, please submit your application and resume in confidence, by email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org