George Jeffrey Children’s Centre is a paediatric health facility providing rehabilitation services to children and youth with physical and developmental disabilities. The Centre is currently seeking a full-time physiotherapist (temporary, 12-months) to work with children from infancy to 19 years of age.
Our physiotherapists work as part of collaborative multidisciplinary teams. Responsibilities include: assessment, development and monitoring of treatment programs, consultation with parents/caregivers and other service providers, and assistance with resource needs. Some travel within Northern Ontario and catchment area may be required.
To be considered for this position, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships with clients and members of an interdisciplinary client care team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working with children
- Ability to be creative and flexible with service provision
- Hold a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and have access to a personal vehicle
The successful candidate will be required to submit a Police Vulnerable Sector Check. Knowledge and experience working with indigenous peoples and communities is considered an asset. Bilingualism English/French is considered an asset.
Passion for providing the best possible standard of care, understanding of paediatric rehabilitation services, and exceptional people skills are key to being successful in this role.
Relocation assistance is available.
We encourage all qualified candidates who share our vision of enriching children's lives to submit a resume with covering letter in confidence to: email@example.com