We believe that outstanding care starts with outstanding people.
At Runnymede Healthcare Centre, we actively cultivate work-life balance and invest in the resources our staff needs to do their best work.
Our award-winning, fully accredited hospital takes an inter-professional team approach to care. We provide comprehensive clinical services to patients who require expert treatment, extended rehabilitation and daily care beyond what can be provided at home or in the community. At Runnymede we have a single, clear purpose: improve the quality of life of every patient, every day.
If you want to join a centre of excellence with a multidisciplinary team who supports the delivery of patient-centered care, we want to hear from you today.
PHYSIOTHERAPIST – PERMANENT PART-TIME & TEMPORARY FULL-TIME POSITIONS JP#PHY-1118
Runnymede Healthcare Centre is expanding the services that we are providing to the community, and are looking to increase the number of Physiotherapists within the hospital to help support the patient care areas with this new program. If you would like to work with a team of professionals who are committed to enriching the lives of patients, we invite you to join Runnymede Healthcare Centre as a Physiotherapist.
The primary functions of the Physiotherapist include the assessment of patients; interpretation of findings; implementing and evaluating the impact or effectiveness of intervention strategies and education of patients and/or their caregivers. The successful candidate may be required to work weekends.
- Assess assigned patients through the administration of formal and informal assessments
- Determine and monitor appropriate transfer and mobility status
- Formulate and implement individual treatment plans based on analysis of assessment findings and clinical reasoning
- Establish goals in collaboration with the patient and/or substitute decision maker
- Develop the physiotherapy program considering the overall health care plan of the patient
- Monitor change in the patient’s functional status and adjust treatment programs accordingly
- Collaborate with members of the inter-professional team through documentation and/or direct consultation to provide a coordinated program of patient care and discharge plan
- Assign aspects of the treatment plan to the Physiotherapy Assistant as appropriate
- Recommend equipment for patient use e.g., mobility devices, foot orthoses
- Attend and contribute to patient care conferences and meetings
- Orientate and supervise PT and PTA students
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited Physiotherapy Program
- Member in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Assistive Devices Program Authorizer an asset
- FIM certification and experience with NRS an asset
- Experience in a Rehabilitation/Complex Continuing Care Hospital or Acute Care Hospital preferred including experience with discharge planning
- Demonstrated expertise with geriatric, neurological and MSK conditions preferred
- Completion of ongoing post-graduate professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively within an inter-professional team
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage workload
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.