Shift Concussion is seeking to fill full-time and part-time physiotherapy positions.
Shift Concussion Management's newly constructed clinical location in Guelph, ON is currently seeking Registered Physiotherapists to join our multidisciplinary team. Shift is a leader in concussion and orthopaedic rehabilitation and takes pride in its interdisciplinary, "quality over quantity" approach to patient care. Shift Concussion has recently moved to a state-of-the-art facility which houses physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractic, athletic therapy, massage therapy, athletic therapy and kinesiology. The clinic is dedicated to concussion management, but also sees a range of vestibular and orthopaedic cases.
As a Physiotherapist with Shift Concussion, you would be expected to have the knowledge and skills in rehabilitation to effectively diagnose orthopaedic conditions, determine the functional abilities of individuals with injury, successfully prescribe exercises, use manual therapy skills to assist in treatment, and develop recommendations for return to work/daily activities.
Experience with, and/or training in, concussion rehabilitation and vestibular therapy is an asset - however training and mentoring will be provided through Shift. Applicants must have an interest in the field of concussion management.
- Diagnose orthopaedic conditions
- Assess concussions and vestibular complaints (training/mentoring provided)
- Have strong manual therapy skills in order to effectively treat orthopaedic conditions related to sport, MVA, WSIB, general injury
- Formulate rehabilitation plan for concussion/vestibular cases based on clinical assessment and patient presentation (training/mentoring provided). Includes making appropriate referrals to relevant healthcare providers both within and outside of the Shift Facility
- Determine functional abilities and assist with formulating recommendations for a safe return to activities of daily living
- Act as a member of a multidisciplinary team working closely to develop and carry out treatment programs for patients
- Following the assessment, document findings and recommendations in a formal report
- Provide advice and consulting services to other members of the multidisciplinary team, patients, customers, and other organizations as required
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each patient in the delivery of services to them
- Have liability insurance
- Understand and comply with the legal requirements of licensure, legislation, scope of practice, and policies and procedures of the company
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a professional team and understanding their roles in the rehabilitation field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Physiotherapy
- Registered with Ontario College of Physiotherapist
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Flexible and works well in a team environment
What Shift Provides:
- Functional training space, equipment and high level Administrative staff
- 30 minute appointment and 1 hour assessments slots to ensure proper time to work one-on-one with your patients
- Free registration to Shift Concussion Management Courses as part of training/mentorship
- No weekend or holiday work required
Wage is competitive and will be based on experience and training.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.