Hours of Work: Part-time Position (rotating day shifts including weekends)
Pay Band: $40.12 - $45.76
Union: OPSEU4106 Non-Central
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
Under the general direction of the Professional Practice Leader, provides assessment of assigned clients and develops and implements individual physiotherapy treatment programs. Conforms to the Standards of Practice and Ethics of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. Provides clinical education and experience for allied health students, participates in formal teaching and research in collaboration with Queen’s University or other institutions. As a team member, participates in discipline-specific and interdisciplinary activities that are directed towards a client-centered environment and that contribute to quality, operational efficiency, professional and program development. The Physiotherapist will adhere to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Graduate of a recognized school of Physiotherapy.
- Active, unrestricted license to practice with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Experience in specified area of practice preferred.
- Experience in instructing students an asset.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, basic “Heart Saver” level.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent communication skills and time management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to evidence-based and best practice and ongoing professional development.
- Ability to perform an initial assessment of each patient, to plan and treat with consideration of the referring physician’s advice regarding contract-indications and treatment records.
- Ability to recognize indications of physical stress or of a patient being at risk, and to take appropriate steps to ensure safety.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
Click here to apply
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.