Part 1: Sept 26 to 29, 2019 Part 2: October 5 to 8, 2019 Part 3: November 7 to 10, 2019 Part 4: November 21 to 24, 2019
Successful completion of this 16-day NDT/Bobath Certificate Course in the Management of Adults with Stroke and Brain Injury course provides eligibility to apply for the NDTA™ Certification Program.
Course registration is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of NDT/Bobath principles.
- Improve their ability to analyze typical and atypical movement.
- Apply NDT/Bobath therapeutic handling strategies and techniques to individuals with neuromotor disorders.
- Identify the relationship between participation restriction, functional activity limitations, ineffective posture and movement and impairments in individuals with neuromotor disorders.
- Integrate this approach to management with concepts of neuroplasticity, recovery of function and motor learning theory.
- Develop and demonstrate therapeutic handling strategies and skills necessary to improve the individual’s sensorimotor performance and overall functional abilities.
Participants must be qualified Physical or Occupational Therapists, or Speech-Language Pathologists, with a minimum of one-year experience following graduation, and be presently working with adults with neurological impairments.
Course format will include lectures, patient demonstrations and treatment, and laboratory practice sessions. Patient demonstrations will be presented by the instructors. Participants will have laboratory sessions to practice various hands-on intervention strategies. Participants will also treat patients with guidance from the instructors.