" This Course Totally De-Mystifies the Assessment and Treatment of Shoulder Dysfunctions. "
A highly practical (80% practical) and totally innovative PD offering developed and delivered by leading Australian Sports Physiotherapists
Discover the most effective and successful strategies for assessing and treating a wide spectrum of shoulder dysfunctions.
Participants will be exploring a fully systematic approach to shoulder management. Drawing on the very latest evidence in physiotherapy.
- Study a systematic & very efficient approach to objective assessment and treatment
- Apply highly effective hands on treatment skills for quick and lasting results
- Learn how to best assess and manage neural dynamics and optimal mobility
- Review essential functional anatomy. integrated movement theories & biomechanics
- Identify both common and complex upper limb muscle imbalances.
- Practice an extensive spectrum of upper limb rehabilitation & functional strengthening exercises.
- Gain confidence in successfully managing a wide range of shoulder dysfunctions
Key Presenter - Wayne Rodgers – Australian Sports and Exercise Physiotherapist
Wayne Rodgers APAM is an Australian sports physiotherapist & functional strength coach with over 31 years experience in health and fitness. He has been a senior sports physiotherapist for several national and international sports teams (Australian Commonwealth Games team, Australian Netball team). Wayne is a highly experienced, dynamic & popular presenter of sports physiotherapy, manual therapy & fitness industry courses. He has delivered over 3500 hours of professional development education to physiotherapists and exercise professionals around the world over the past 20 years. Wayne has recently been appointed to the advisory panel for the development of the new Masters in Sports Medicine at Melbourne University, Australia.
Course Highlights / Learning Objectives
During the course you will have the opportunity to:
- Understand concepts of neural dynamic tension, optimal range of motion & dynamic stability at the shoulder.
- Learn how to assess and treat adverse neural tension in the upper limb.
- Explore the complexity of shoulder dysfunctions, and learn to recognize and manage common imbalances.
- Appreciate the extensive interaction between glenohumeral instability and impingements at the shoulder.
- Fine-tune and modify the most effective assessment skills and orthopaedic tests for common shoulder dysfunctions.
- Learn a diverse spectrum of highly effective hands-on myofascial releases and treatment techniques.
- Practice the application of a full array of rehabilitation and functional conditioning exercises for the shoulder.
- Fully review essential functional and integrated anatomy plus biomechanics of the entire shoulder region.