OPA MEMBERS – Login to access more information on each volunteer opportunity
OPA Liaison Network Recruitment
Do you work in the hospital or the home care sector? Want to be more connected to the work of OPA?
Consider this minimal commitment volunteer opportunity.
The OPA Hospital Advisory Committee (HAC) and the OPA Home Care Advisory Committee (HCAC) advise the OPA staff and Board of Directors on issues and matters related to the provision of physiotherapy services in the public sector, with a particular emphasis on hospital based and home care services (respectively).
Each Advisory Committee has a liaison network that provides intelligence to help advise the OPA Board on environmental issues that require the Association’s more immediate attention and potential strategic direction. The network allows for communication with front line providers who are not necessarily members of the OPA.
Expectations of Liaisons
- Liaisons act as a contact person for either the HAC or HCAC for their facility or company.
- Ideally the liaison is a member of the OPA, however this is not a requirement.
- Liaisons should have some knowledge of the administrative environment at their facility.
- Liaisons would be asked to distribute information to their colleagues on behalf of the Advisory Committee.
- Liaisons would gather information and identify needs of physiotherapists and physiotherapist assistants at their facility or company and provide that to the OPA Advisory Committee(s).
- Liaisons would provide the OPA Advisory Committees with feedback on issues concerning physiotherapy services in their respective setting.
Responsibilities of the OPA Advisory Committees
- Two-way communication between the liaison networks and the Advisory Committees
- Transparency with respect to how the information will be used towards the priorities and goals of the Association.
If you are interested in becoming a liaison for your organization or have participated as your organizations’ liaison in the past, please contact Gonxhe Kastrati.
If you know of someone who may be interested (member or non-member) please have them write to Gonxhe Kastrati.