Membership in the Ontario Physiotherapy Association (OPA) is FREE for physiotherapy and physiotherapist assistant students studying in Ontario. Join the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) and as an Ontario student (see eligibility) you automatically become a member of OPA. You also receive free membership in CPA’s 14 Divisions.
As a student member you have access to a wide range of resources and services to help you begin your career. As an OPA member you will also learn about the Ontario health care system and physiotherapy, including ways in which OPA advocates on your behalf.
Student membership benefits at OPA
- All OPA communications and publications including Physiotherapy Today
- OPA Special Student Award at InterACTION
- New Graduate Kit which includes interview tips, resume writing, salary expectations, contract information and more
- Job listings and Upcoming Courses listings online and via email
- Physiotherapy Competency Examination preparatory session at your school
- Local District Events, including networking, social and professional development opportunities
- New! Student Volunteer Program
Learn more about Student Membership Benefits at CPA.
Student Membership Eligibility
You are eligible for FREE physiotherapy student membership if you are enrolled in:
You are eligible for FREE physiotherapist assistant (PTA) student membership if you are enrolled in a recognized formal education program (programs with accreditation or candidacy status).
2018 New Graduate Kit
The 2018 New Graduate Kit contains information to help recent physiotherapy graduates with their transition into professional practice. Access information on salary expectations, contract negotiations, advocacy information and much more!