Webinar: Bone-Specific Physical Activity: Building Stronger Bones Across the Lifespan
This webinar will:
- describe the effects of physical activity and loading on bone material and structural properties;
- explain the relationship between muscle forces and bone strength with advancing age;
- outline exercise approaches for preventing bone loss and fragility fractures in older adults with and without osteoporosis.
Login to access webinar recording
Presenter Bio: Dr. Jenna Gibbs is an assistant professor in the Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education at McGill University with expertise in exercise physiology, bone strength and body composition imaging methods, clinical trial research, and integrated knowledge translation. Dr. Gibbs’ research program focuses on optimizing body composition and bone strength across the lifespan, with the goal of reducing the burden of later-life disability, falls, and fractures.
Concussion Management: A Toolkit for Physiotherapists
Physiotherapy Alberta – College + Association’s Concussion Management: A Toolkit for Physiotherapists
Clinical Practice Guideline
FOR THE REHABILITATION OF ADULTS WITH MODERATE TO SEVERE TBI
The INESSS-ONF Clinical Practice Guideline for the Rehabilitation of Adults with Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brain Injury are now available online. The guideline can be accessed at here.
Hip Displacement and Surveillance for Children with Cerebral Palsy Webinar
If you missed this session presented by Kim Hesketh, MScPT (Holland Bloorview Kids rehabilitation Hospital and Children’s Treatment Network) Chun Kim, B.Sc.PT. (Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital), here is your chance to hear it now!
AFTER ATTENDING THIS WEBINAR, PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the pathophysiology and consequences of hip displacement for children with CP
- Identify risk factors for hip displacement
- Understand the current evidence for hip surveillance and identify critical components of a hip surveillance program
- Explain the work being done related to hip surveillance for children with CP around the world, and in Ontario.
Webinar Slide Deck