Full Time Physiotherapist
Reports To: Manager of Rehabilitation & Chronic Disease Programs
Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is a small, state-of-the-art community hospital in rural Sioux Lookout, Ontario. We aim to be a Centre of Excellence in First Nations and northern healthcare by working together to improve the health status of individuals, families and communities now and for generations to come. We are the healthcare hub for remote northwestern Ontario, continuously growing and innovating to meet the needs of our 30,000 patients spread across over 600,000 square kilometers of sunset country. If you value compassion, respect, quality, teamwork, and are dedicated to excellence in your profession, this picturesque setting is the next step in your career.
- Graduate from a recognized school of Physical Therapy
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO)
- Experience with assistive device/equipment assessment and prescription is considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize professional duties, manage multiple patients, and efficiently organize workload in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to function within an interdisciplinary healthcare team
Prioritize patient safety
- Responsible for the assessment of clients, establishment and evaluation of treatment programs, and discharge for clients at the hospital site, residents in the Long Term Care facility, and/or outpatient programs (Community Physiotherapy Clinic, or other)
- Primary responsibility for this role includes outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation and Community Physiotherapy Clinic. May be required to support inpatient unit and Long Term Care facility.
- Development and implementation of preventative and therapeutic courses of intervention following current, evidence-based methods and practices
- Encouraging clients to assume responsibility for their health and participation in team approaches to health service delivery
- Maintain records in accordance with College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Provide clinical support/direction to rehabilitation assistants and support staff
- Part of a team of young, passionate healthcare professionals
- Mentorship available
- Experience a wide scope of practice and broad range of experiences in a remote and underserviced setting
- Full pension plan with HOOPP, employer contribution of 126%
- Greenshield benefits package
- Housing and relocation assistance
- Funded professional development opportunities
- Eligible for up to $15,000 in Rehabilitation Professionals Incentive Grant Program
- Salary in accordance with CUPE collective agreement
Closing Date: When filled.
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Recruitment
Box 909, Sioux Lookout, On P8T 1B4
(807) 737-3030, Email: email@example.com, Fax: (807) 737-6263
Competition No.<REHAB 05/18
Please quote on your application.